Monday, March 15, 2010

Hork and Windy

Soooooooo.  You know how I was whining back in the day about not feeling sick, because I was worried this meant things weren't progressing as they should?  WELL.  I made it through the entire first trimester without a lick of sickness, only to begin throwing up at 12.5 weeks.  How do ya like them apples?

Hmmm...apples - I don't think those would go well with stomach acid.

Over the past few days, I've been learning ways I can avoid the run to the toilet (although I had to make due with the kitchen sink one day...).  I absolutely CANNOT skip breakfast, and eating it in bed to allow for no movements seems to help.  Also, brushing my teeth presents new challenges, so I have to be careful not to brush my tongue too far back or else I lose the breakfast immediately.  I also learned the hard way that you should always have a spare plastic bag in your car (and purse!) so you don't have to drive to work with your window down on the expressway in 40 degree weather.  The strangest thing is that I pretty much have no warning.  I go from feeling fine to feeling nauseous, to throwing up in a matter of seconds, only to feel pretty much back to normal 5 minutes later.  I'm not complaining; I know it could be so much worse, but I do feel like someone could have warned me that this could come out of nowhere in the 2nd trimester!

Aside from that less-than-ideal symptom, I've been feeling really good.  SUPER gassy and constipated, but I can handle that.  The other night, I looked at Mark and said, "How can you handle how SEXY I am?!" after breaking wind.  He said it's a tough job, but someone has to do it.  He's such a peach.

P.S. If you get the reference in my title, you're my new best friend.  HEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It will be fun for Tate to look back on some day... :o)