Monday, March 29, 2010

POP!

I made the 7-hour drive home to see my dad, Yom (my stepmom Carla, also known as Yom or "Your Other Mother"), and sister Rachel in Indiana this past weekend, and had an absolute blast!  It was a trip to simply visit, not for any specific reason, which is the best kind if you ask me.  I hadn't been home since late July and hadn't seen my parents since October!  We spent the time chilling out, eating, talking about nursery decorating ideas, and shopping for maternity clothes.  THAT was fun!

Rachel and I went into the fitting room and Carla sat outside waiting for me to show her things.  Now, something you should know is that Rachel and I are pretty ridiculous when we get together.  I realize that others might not find funny the things that totally crack us up, but what are you gonna do?  We went in there and were greeted by a wrap-around belly pillow to use as a stand-in for my soon-to-be-huge stomach.  If you've had the pleasure of trying one of those things on, you will know that it's kind of impossible to know which way it should go.  You will also know that it makes for one seriously lumpy bump!  We tried in vain to rig it up right and ended up laughing so hard I honestly thought I was going to wet my pants.  When we finally got it on, I started trying the clothes on and parading out to show Carla the different items.  That was when I realized there was a long line of..."muchly" pregnant woman waiting to get in the rooms.  And they weren't impressed by my fashion show, let me tell you.  I almost wished I had snacks to hand out to them all - I'm learning that snacks are valuable to a with-child woman!

I felt a bit silly purchasing all the loot I decided upon (sooo many cute things!!) because I hadn't even begun to look pregnant despite being 14+ weeks along.  Yet, as the weekend progressed, I kept saying, "I feel so bloated!" and would look down at my rounder-by-the-minute stomach.  By Sunday, Rachel finally said to me, "Amy, I think you have to stop saying that...you're not bloated, YOU'RE PREGNANT!"  The girl had a point, and the point was this: I had officially *POPPED*.  Since then, my stomach has gotten a bit bigger by the day and I couldn't be happier.  I'm earning this bump, folks, and I'm going to wear it with pride.

Now where is my granola bar?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It will be fun for Tate to look back on some day... :o)