Friday, February 5, 2010

Official

We had our first prenatal doctor yesterday morning, and it was really great to confirm that there is, in fact, a baby cooking in my belleh.  We met with the midwife, Sameerah, who was a totally calming and chill grandma with dreads down to her knees.  She had such a ‘mama bear’ quality to her; I instantly knew that when the time comes, she will totally fight for me and offer unwavering support, which is a great feeling.  She answered a lot of our questions and assured that I’m doing all the right things so far, such as my exercise routine, the supplements I’m taking, the foods I’m staying away from, etc.

Later, we entered the ’spelunking’ part of the visit.  Since I get laser hair removal done, I’m WAY past the point of feeling shy or embarrassed in these compromising situations (ahem).  Therefore, Mark and I decided he would stay in for this part, knowing he would be seeing a lot of me in this way soon enough.  He was so sweet, holding my hand and looking completely comfortable despite the fact that stirrups were being used as I sported THE HOTTEST front-tie sheet with my argyle knee-high socks.

One thing I thought was cool was when Sameerah announced that I have all the proper and healthy ‘blood vessels’ happening down there, which was just one more good sign.  It’s CRAZY how many things are happening to my body now that I don’t even know about – it just does what it needs to do without any help from me.  I love that I’m literally a baby factory while not having to put in much work at all.  The human body is simply amazing!

I’m 7 weeks and 1 day along today.   So far, I don’t have any “morning” sickness, nor do I feel super lethargic or dizzy.  I cannot believe my good fortune along these lines, as I always assumed I’d be praying to the Porcelain God day in and day out.  While it took some time for me to relinquish these preconceived notions, I’m beyond grateful to be spared so far.

Pregnancy Symptoms to Date:
  • Boobies! Two words: OUCH and HALLO!
  • Cravings! Know what you can’t do?  You can’t tell a pregnant woman she can’t eat what she craves. So far, my cravings include Mediterranean food, hot wings (both of which I’ve eaten a lot more of since I’ve become pregnant and even before I knew I was), and Mexican food.  I consumed the latter not once, but twice yesterday.  Two times: lunch at one place and dinner at another.  Told you it’s impossible to ignore!
  • Thirsty! Each New Years Day, I always vow to drink more water and rarely ever stick with it past a month. Pregnancy has changed this, because I can’t get enough of the stuff!  Which leads me to…
  • Excuse me, where I can find the bathroom? I have to pee about 20 times a day, including at least once during the night.  DANG.
Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.  Which I do, obviously.  I’m happy this experience has been enjoyable so far, but I’m not unrealistic enough to assume it will continue in this vein – just hopeful.  Because, really? ME NO LIKIE THROW UP, thankyouverymuch.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you realize I'm going to be reading all of these like it's my bible because, well, I'm kind of glad you're going through it first! You can be the guinea pig and I can ask YOU questions. YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! It will be fun for Tate to look back on some day... :o)