Monday, August 23, 2010

Slacking - but only on the blog!

Oh my pretty people....I'm SO TIRED lately!  I can't sleep well with the hormones and 5-6 bathroom visits per night, but I also can't nap because I've entered the nesting phase of pregnancy and can't sit still to save my life.  And so, while the nursery is almost done and the baby clothing is washed and the yard has never looked better and the... (you get the picture), my little blog has sadly been put on standby.  Have no fear, though: when the baby gets here, you'll be relegated with photos and stories galore...once we get on a schedule, anyway.  See how that works?  I give you hope and then pull it away in nearly the same breath. 

Good news, though!  We only have 30 days left until our due date!  See?


That's some kind of insane, right?  Everyone I meet has something to say about the size of my belly these days and they all seem to think I'll go a bit early.  I have no feelings on the subject and just keep telling Chickpea to come when s/he is ready.  I'll admit I'm getting more anxious by the day, though.  I keep wondering who is in there, if it will be a boy or a girl, what it will look like, how our first days together will look.  Never have I felt more excited for anything in my life - Mark, too.  He can't stop saying, "We're going to have a BABY soon!!" and nearly jumping up and down with happiness.  He's installed the car seats, and keeps bugging me to get the hospital bag packed - it's so cute.

I'll have more belly pictures up in the next day or two, along with a story or three.  And then, I'll be uploading nursery pictures!  We just got the dresser this weekend, so we are pretty much DONE!  YAY! 

Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! 30 days!.....Or less?! You better pack that bag soon Amy! :) I can't wait either! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I can't believe you are so close!! I can't wait to see what you have, what you name him/her and to see pics of this baby that I know will just be adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! So soon! I can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone by (you probably don't feel that way, do you?). So glad you are getting things done so that you can feel ready (as ready as you can be, I'd imagine) for baby's imminent arrival! Take care of yourself and that adorable wee one! (By the way, I saw the facebook pics of the sun painted on your belly and loved them!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek! So exciting! Awesome news about being ready to go--- in the material sense, anyway! Just when you decide you are DONE with pregnancy... that's when these little guys seem to wanna come out ;) Can't wait for more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I highly recommend getting the hospital bag packed. The planner in me was definitely lacking as Mallory was 5 days early and we were packing the bag while I was in labor and the car seats got installed while I was at the hospital! :)

    Josh & I are very excited for you and Marc to meet your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops on Mark's name! I guess that's what I get for multi-tasking and just sending an email to a Marc at work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting! I can't wait to meet him/her! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yahoo! Can't wait to hear what's been hiding in there all this time!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! It will be fun for Tate to look back on some day... :o)