In four years’ time, my life has become unrecognizable. Not one thing today, aside from some family and friends, remains the same as it was the day my handsome, kind, blue-eyed husband walked into view and changed the way I look at the world.
How cute is that? He was slightly mortified when I asked him to pose with this as we
shopped for baby books, but he indulged me anyway. LOVE HIM!
I don’t have to tell you Mark is my favorite person – that’s a given. I believe one can see that written all over my face when I look at him. Truth is, I have the honor of being a wife to the best, most all-encompassing human being I’ve ever had the pleasure to know. I still find myself staring into space, wondering how I got so lucky, how in the world it ended up being me he chose to love for the rest of his life. Even when life isn’t perfect, I still have the knowledge that when I walk through the door of our home, there is a person waiting for me, willing and able to help me get through anything that may come. I know it might sound cheesy to say, but I honestly DO think I have the best husband in the entire world. Here are a few reasons why (grab your barf bucket now; I’m about to lay it on thick!):
- He is thoughtful and kind and has a selfless, unfaltering heart;
- he teases me in a loving way which has taught me how to laugh at myself;
- he’s a most ethical and moral person, yet he never judges me, even when I judge myself;
- he makes me feel safe…his hugs are a refuge;
- he makes me laugh, sometimes even when I’m crying;
- he is able to settle me down when I’m angry, without compromising the issue that made me upset in the first place;
- he’s the smartest person I’ve ever met and always knows something about something – without being arrogant;
- he is a great listener but also offers great advice;
- he’s a giver, not a taker;
- he takes such great care of me and our puppies and works exceedingly hard to provide a great life for us;
- he never falters in his support for me and our life together;
- he treats me as an equal, yet towers over me in every way in my own mind;
- BEST OF ALL: he somehow loves me just the way I am – and reminds me of this love and admiration in little ways every single day.
Happy four-year ‘dating’ anniversary, Mark. I love you…so much.